Dortech has just completed glazing work to Wakefield’s new Council Offices adjacent to the recently completed Merchants Gate development in the centre of Wakefield. This exciting and challenging project was designed by architects Cartright Pickard and delivered by Main Contractors Morgan Sindall.
This high quality, new building was designed to provide 123,000sq ft of BREEAM Excellent rated, low energy office space.
Dortechs contract included the design, manufacture and installation of over 2,500m2 of innovative glazing products including:
• Hybrid (aluminium clad timber) curtain walling with bespoke
• Aluminium framed rooflights,
• Structurally glazed (capless) curtain wall,
• High useage entrance doors,
• Horizontal brise soleil fins to South facing elevations,
Dortechs long-standing relationship with Morgan Sindall began in 1994 and since this time, the company has delivered over £4.3 million worth of glazing on their projects. Dortech greatly value their relationship with Morgan Sindall and were delighted to have been involved.