16th April 2013 – Wakefield One Short-Listed for Public Building of the Year!
Dortech was delighted to hear that Wakefield One has been short-listed for a Public Building of the Years in the Building Awards 2013.
Dortech completed the glazing for this prject in 2012, which was designed by architects Cartright Pickard and delivered by Main Contractors Morgan Sindall.
This high quality, new building was designed to provide 123,000sq ft of BREEAM Excellent rated, low energy office space.
Dortechs contract included the design, manufacture and installation of over 2,500m2 of innovative glazing products including:
- Hybrid (aluminium clad timber) curtain walling with bespokeÂ feature capping,
- Aluminium framed rooflights,
- Structurally glazed (capless) curtain wall,
- High useage entrance doors,
- Horizontal brise soleil fins to South facing elevations