4th August 2016 – Wolfreton School Completes!
Dortech has just completed a second large-scale school refurbishment for Main Contractors, BAM Construction under the Priority Schools Programme.
The project at Wolfreton School, Kingston Upon Hull was designed by architects, Ryder Architects and included the design, manufacvture and installation of over 1,300m2 of architectural glazing.
The Priority Schools Programme is a government funded initiative to address the needs of schools most in need of urgent repair.
Through the programme, 260 schools will be rebuilt or have their condition needs met by Education Funding Agency (EFA). The first school was opened in May 2014.
Schools in the PSBP are spread across England and have been grouped together in batches.
The grouping takes into consideration geography, commercial viability and condition need. If there is more than one batch in an area, EFA sought to prioritise schools in the worst condition for the first batch.
• Main Contractors: BAM Construction
• Architects: Ryder Architects
• Funding Body: Priority Schools Programme
• Glazed Area: 1,300m2 of architectural glazing systems
• Glass Specification: High Performance super neutral glass
• Location: Kingston Upon Hull
• Products Used: Visible grid curtain wall, aluminium windows and doors, louvres, entrance & exit doors
• Value: £500k to £1 million