Health & Safety
What Health & Safety Means to Us
One of the major driving forces in Dortech is our commitment to Health & Safety. We care about our people and the potential risks associated with our work. We avoid unnecessary risks wherever possible and seek to minimise the impact of our activities on others.We understand that Health & Safety not only shows people that you care about their safety, but encourages people to think more carefully about what they are doing and the effects that their activities can have on themselves and others. A safer working environment leads to a reduction in quality issues, an improvement in efficiency and an increase in profitability.
Dortech leads the market in respect to its focus on Health & Safety by for example employing a full time Health & Safety Officer who has achieved the NEBOSH qualification.
- We have rolled out annual internal CPD training for safe lifting, fire and noise for all our employees.
- We are CHAS and IOSH accredited, which we deem as minimum standards in our industry.
- All our Site Manager and Contracts Managers have full CITB qualifications including the 5 day SMSTS course.
- We do not offer generic Method Statements or Tool Box Talks, these are always specific to each of the projects we are involved with.
- Our Health & Safty Officer visits all working sites regularly and conducts tool box talks and carries out Risk Assessments.
- All near misses are documented and measures taken to prevent potential incidents in the future.
- We keep an up to date file of all qualifications of the Sub-Contract Teams we employ including IPAF and PASMA certificates and have achieved 100% full CSCS accreditation.
- First Aid training is available to all employees and refresher courses are run in-house annually.
- We Work closely with all our customer and suppliers to improve theirs and our Health & Safety Performance.
- We always listen.